Features & Benefits
No company can afford to waste energy. Ship performance losses due to hull and propeller fouling can be substantial but have historically been difficult to quantify, since changing ship and environmental conditions introduce a large degree of variability in performance data. Hull Medic’s unique method of using a ship’s propeller as a measuring device allows higher accuracy and earlier detection of performance losses.
Key features include:
- Calculates speed, power, and fuel losses due to hull fouling
- Fully automated ship performance data collection
- Transforms the propeller into a high-accuracy performance monitoring tool
- Advanced database filtering eliminates data scatter
- Simple management reports that ship-owners understand
- Reduce fuel consumption
- Reduce Green House Gas emissions
- Maintain ship service speeds
- Determine optimal hull and propeller maintenance schedules
- Evaluate the effectiveness of alternate paint systems
- Validate energy-saving technologies related to ship performance
Unbiased & Scientific
Some hull paint companies have started to offer packaged coating and monitoring systems, along with guarantees of fuel savings. Using Hull Medic, MACSEA offers shipowners an independent, unbiased, and scientific assessment of ship performance.